Eddie Mendoza is based in San Francisco, California. He works on concept art and is active in the movie, gaming, and virtual reality industries. He is specializing in the mech and environment word building design.
Eddie Mendoza studied at the California State University Illustration and Industrial Design and Concept Art at the Concept Design Academy. He took at Warner Bros Animation his foremost job as an Intern. Since then, he got the opportunity to work for Dead Panic Studios, Firaxis Games, Lord Danger, Scribble Pad Studios, Ironklad Studios, and Kixeye.
He started as a freelancer from his young age and collaborated with top brands in the market, such as The Mill, Netflix, Sony, Adobe, Google, Steve Aoki, Blur Studio, and is now working for Apple. His style typically evokes clear inspirations from the cyberpunk and steam-diesel genres, as one may notice it reveals futuristic dreamlike cityscapes. It features his fantastic artworks when it displays the neon-soaked streets. It looks like a new stage is set.
Eddie Mendoza employs his super cool mechs, and brings out his style of sci-fi cityscapes and futuristic bikes. He is a digital artist and a freelance concept art designer. He is right now working in the U.S for Apple.
Exclusive Designs of the concept art
His designs are exclusive. Especially, the American steam diesel with those cityscapes reveals our dream stuff. The same is with the woman leaning on a car. The design and the color pallet look completely different. She is leaning on it but it appears as though she is sitting on the car front. Actually, the car is drawn in such a graceful style that she is leaning on one of the car sides. It appears as though the car edge is higher than it is actually.
This is the talent of the artist, Eddie Mendoza uses it as a nipstick and the woman was drawn by him keeping in mind a different perspective. That is the beauty of his skill. He goes through science fiction concept artworks and it is apparent in Junk Planet, where he is highlighting the vehicle in coordination with mech design. It shows his excellence.
Eddie Mendoza focuses on concept art required for his creative designs in a wide-ranging skill set. It enables him to create realistic designs that are about unimagined creatures, yet it captures the imagination of the audience.
Eddie Mendozas skill set includes:
- His ability to draw animals and humans, presenting an understanding of the structure of both and the basic anatomy. The imagination flows through the art that audiences are sure to love this art the fantasy creature and will try relating to it. The audiences may love it or some may fear. It shows the art is relatable and realistic. It is because the fantasy creatures are an inspiration from the real-world creatures.
- As he works on a concept art, Eddie Mendoza relies on his practical imagination. He takes verbal directions and comes up with distinct designs. The artist sometimes gives the character a related story in short, such that it shows where does she or he come from or go from here.
- When he wants to create a rocky terrain inhabitant creature, he takes to understanding the terrain. It begins with concentrating on the creatures physical attributes to live in that terrain, and then begins with the design.
- The artist starts doing the creatures as rough thumbnails, as it comes to his mind. Then, the concept art of Eddie Mendoza narrows down to a few ideas and develops further. The 2 or 3 choices he has, is developed as per his thoughts and settles for a final design.
Eddie Mendoza says traditional painting and drawing skills also give direction and understanding when you wish to accomplish through 3D digital platforms.
Client list of Eddie Mendoza
Eddie Mendoza client list includes:
- Spectrum 24 – 2017
- Spectrum 25 – 2018
- Spectrum 26 – 2019
- Digital Panting Techniques Vol 7 – 2016
- VOX Groovy – 2019
- SPEAKING: 2016 – Academy of Art San Francisco
Other clients are: Apple, Netflix, Adobe, Blur Studio, Nintendo, CD Projekt Red, Epic Games, The Mill -New York, Google, 3dtotal, France Public Libraries, Red Bull, Warner Bros, Convoy- Paris, Hisense Televisions, Scribble Pad Studios, Magic Leap, Deviantart, and Steve Aoki.